Wednesday, November 20, 2013

It Gets Better!

When I was newly diagnosed with EDS, I joined a local support group.  One of the most helpful things I heard came from a woman who had been dealing with EDS for many years.  She shared with me that she had been going through a rough time with it lately and that she wasn't down about it because she had been there before and climbed that hill before.

At the time, I was feeling like my symptoms were at their worst and my life had changed drastically from what it was.  I was afraid this change might be permanent.  She gave me hope that it could turn around.

Lately, over the last couple of months, I think I have had more bad days than normal.  I can stay positive because just as my life found a more normal place than it was at the time I mentioned before, it will again.

I may have to find new ways to exercise or practice patience with myself, but it always turns around.

I wanted to share that with you because over the last ten years, I have gone back to that conversation many times to remind myself that things will be ok.  Maybe there's someone else out there who is feeling uncertain about EDS right now and needs some assurance.  It will get better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment